For over 18 years, YMCA Norfolk has worked in local schools delivering pastoral care and projects to young people tackling such issues as poor attendance or behaviour, bullying, low self esteem and anger management.
Our services are delivered through a strong partnership approach using extensively supported and trained school workers.
Some examples of what we deliver:
· Counselling and other 1-1 support, cccccsuch as mentoring
· Group work around specific issues such as cccccfriendship, anger management, self esteem, cccccbullying etc.
· PSHE lessons on homelessness
· Alternative education
· Sports and Health activities eg after school clubs or
· Parent and family support
All projects are specifically designed to promote and improve:
· Effectiveness of care, guidance and support
· Pupils skills to contribute to their economic ccccwellbeing
· NEET to EET targets
· Partnerships in promoting learning and ccccwellbeing
· Community cohesion